11-21-2020, 10:03 PM -
In-game name: Spoons

SteamID: STEAM_0:1:450592064

Name of the staff member that banned you: Justin

Ban Reason: Minor exploiting

Server Number (1 to 7): 1

Date of the event (dd/mm/yy): 21/11/2020

Why do you think you were banned?:
I was banned for killing a player with a lightsaber through their base wall.

Why should you be unbanned?:

I am not a troublesome player, I respect the rules, have read them multiple times and never intentionally break them or use them to my advantage.
I have made two mistakes in the recent past and was verbally warned for it (using x-8 and quad rocket launcer for defence), I stopped as soon as it was made clear.

I don't defend what I did, they was my actions and because I did not see any rule regarding minor exploiting and what is defined to be so. I just assumed it was a flaw in their base design that I can use to my aid as a raider.

I was given the choice of a 1 week ban or 5 mil back to the player affected, I gave all my money away recently so I couldn't afford, they was willing to bargain for items also.
I asked if they can paste me the rule I broke on forum (from here https://elitelupus.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=6355) as it was never made clear I would be outright banned for a week for this or to see what rule I was breaking.

1.8 Staffs say is final.

I accept that also but on the off chance a second opinion might help me get unbanned so I can play again sooner!

I wanted to ask if there can be a list in the rules to better define what is major/minor exploiting.

1.7 (a) Use common sense.
My common sense told me using a lightsaber to attack through a wall was similar to using an x-8/launcher for raiding which is an ok way to exploit a poor base defence.
Not a week ban. When I killed the person who made the ticket they did say to me what I was doing was not allowed. I stand and thought about it and even had checked rules before deciding to do it.

My common sense would have told me that if darth vader's lightsaber is coming in my wall that I wouldn't go near it ! Also that a lightsaber does these things by design, these blades slide into metal etc no problem.

Any evidence to support your case:
(guy in chat.. this is a different base but basically shows what I was doing)
https://medal.tv/clips/37103008/d1337ilGT4vm
Me getting banned at the end.
https://medal.tv/clips/37103492/d13373dvZJVA

Any other details:
My first 1-2 hr with Darth Vader lol
Cameron.
Support Manager & Forum Administrator

2,148 posts 6 threads Joined: Sep 2019
11-22-2020, 12:26 AM -
notified staff member
Discord: Cameron.#5002
★Justiin
Staff Member

231 posts 5 threads Joined: Sep 2020
11-22-2020, 10:42 AM -
Hi there,
I would like to know how a lightsaber can be a flaw in a base's defence, since it pierces through everything. They would have to make 5 layered base just to not be affected by people with a lightsaber, which is the reason why it is not allowed. You are not allowed to hit someone through a wall with any sort of weapon, except the x-8. And I would like to clarify that the 5 mil wasn't comp, it was to refund the suit+weapons he lost.
[Image: ps2gL4A.gif]
Quazy
Assistant Staff Manager

813 posts 3 threads Joined: Sep 2018
11-23-2020, 12:20 AM -
Anything to add?
Your Fellow Assistant Staff Manager Quazy
[Image: Signature.gif]
★Justiin
Staff Member

231 posts 5 threads Joined: Sep 2020
11-23-2020, 05:57 AM -
no....
[Image: ps2gL4A.gif]
Spoons

2 posts 1 threads Joined: Nov 2020
11-23-2020, 07:13 AM -
(11-22-2020, 10:42 AM)★Justiin Wrote: Hi there,
I would like to know how a lightsaber can be a flaw in a base's defence, since it pierces through everything. They would have to make 5 layered base just to not be affected by people with a lightsaber, which is the reason why it is not allowed. You are not allowed to hit someone through a wall with any sort of weapon, except the x-8. And I would like to clarify that the 5 mil wasn't comp, it was to refund the suit+weapons he lost.

Hello again Justin.
I meant that all base designs have the strengths and weaknesses, you can design to counter things such as x8/rocket launcher or other explosives that may splash damage you, similarly you can design with lightsaber in mind by ensuring you have that space between you and an attaker.

The only exception I found on reflection that makes the saber unique is the fact it completely destroys certain base designs unless you remove them off the ground - you can poke most of PD from under and many other bases.

I don't disagree with the rule, I can see why it would be there. Just the fact it is a straight up week ban and mark against me. If staff told me once I will stop(unless we talking shootin printers.. sorry!!). If it was made clear to me in the rules it would not have happened to start with.
Now I am banned long time with a mark against me, I feel that is a bit harsh.
I thought I was positive player, I enjoy server and want others to have good experience also.

I play gmod a while and all dark rp server I seen many players play to get others banned. I felt targeted in this way so I was rash to not offer to pay the person back in the moment, I also felt that as a staff it would be fairer to take into account if it is first offence/prior warns.

Idk how staff works, you got extra guidelines to follow I didn't (the rules didn't make this clear enough to me I was minor exploiting by doing that and it would result it insta week ban).
Quazy
Assistant Staff Manager

813 posts 3 threads Joined: Sep 2018
11-23-2020, 09:39 AM -
Appeal Accepted
Your ban will be reduced. You'll stay banned 1 more day.
This post was last modified: 11-23-2020, 09:39 AM by Quazy.
Your Fellow Assistant Staff Manager Quazy
[Image: Signature.gif]